Monday, October 19, 2009

If I uninstall Microsoft Office, do I also lose my Word documents and Excel sheets saved on my compu

I am having problems with Microsoft Office, so I thought about uninstalling it and installing it back up, but I don't know if I uninstall it, if I'm going to lose all my documents that I already have. Would they still be there when I install Office again?



If I uninstall Microsoft Office, do I also lose my Word documents and Excel sheets saved on my computer?hijack this



yes and no when you UNinstall OFFICE it will ask to delete all files you must say no there otherwise it will delete all files and yea you will still be able to open then b/c windows you have notepad and rich document...however in the mean time if they don't work for you there is a open source free program out there that is just as good as office called OPEN OFFICE....which works well too...check it out...it free http://www.openoffice.org/



If I uninstall Microsoft Office, do I also lose my Word documents and Excel sheets saved on my computer?liveupdate



no, you still keep them, but you will not be able to open them
Nope, it won't get uninstalled when you unsinstall MS Office... it will remain as a .doc document (with a diff. icon), and you can still open them using Wordpad... and when you install MS Office again, all .doc files will be back to normal... good luck!
No, it will remain in your hard drive but the computer does'nt know what application to open your office documents.
put them in a different folder



they shouldn't get deleted



and



make sure you make a back up copy of your computer before uninstalling
Your safest bet is to back up any documents you want to keep. I would back them up, uninstall MS Office, and install a free version: www.openoffice.org and quit putting up with Microsoft hassels.
The documents would remain on your computer if you uninstalled Microsoft Office. You would not be able to access them again, however, until you reinstalled Office or downloaded a viewer from the Microsoft web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment