Monday, October 19, 2009

How do I create an ACTUAL 1" bottom margin in Microsoft Office 2007 documents?

I don't simply mean going into the page layout and changing it; that doesn't work. I need to know what measurements to make the other margins so that my bottom one is exactly one inch, no more or less. Thanks! This is for an English professor...



How do I create an ACTUAL 1" bottom margin in Microsoft Office 2007 documents?free spyware



I am not real clear exactly what you need - and, I am sorry, but I am not familiar with 2007 - but I am very familiar with 2003 -- I know it isn't the same, but perhaps this will get started in the right area --



I have been in situations (appellate court briefs) where margins -- including page numbers could not go below 1" of the bottom margin. As you know MS Word - puts page numbers at 1/2" from the bottom). This can be remedied through the Page %26gt; Setup by selecting Layout tab (rather than margins) and in the Headers and footers section - making them 1" from bottom and then adjusting the Margins (Margins tab) and making the bottom margin sufficient to allow for page numbering, footnotes, etc.



Another option (also the Layout tab) - would be Page %26gt; Vertical Alignment - and selecting either Bottom (if you always want text even at the bottom of the page, but do not care if the top of the page varies) or Justified if you want the top text and the bottom text to always be at the same place on the page, but the spacing between lines varied.

No comments:

Post a Comment