Monday, June 21, 2010

Would getting certified in office programs such as Microsoft office and quickbooks help me to get go

I'm trying to start a career in clerical/administrative assitant work



Would getting certified in office programs such as Microsoft office and quickbooks help me to get good jobs?antispam



Yes. Getting certified will always help you, but it's usually something to boost you after you've earned a degree. There are 2 year schools that offer various programs to help you be proficient in office programs on the computer, but if you don't have a degree (2 or 4 year) it won't help you much against someone who does. Yes even for administrative assistants it helps to have a degree, especially in a competitive job market.



If you are really looking to start a new career and you have not done a personality assessment I would do that first. Here is a free website that won't spam you where you can see what careers match your personality. It will even tell you what degrees to earn for that career and what schools have those degrees. The site is www.xap.com.



Another good place to look is www.personalitytype.com



Would getting certified in office programs such as Microsoft office and quickbooks help me to get good jobs?avast



Certification is not needed but being able to manoeuvre around MS Office (mostly Word and Excel) is considered standard these days. The more you know the more you can get done quickly and accurately.
The Quickbooks certification is a huge plus . . . not so much for MS Office.
I don't think that you can get "certified" in Microsoft office. You can take a class on it and just say "proficient with Microsoft products, etc." Why don't you just go to college?
As a matter of fact, I got my job by taking all the Microsoft classes on-line and got my certification. I love my job. I am working as a data entry clerk and am continously taking on-line classes. Currently, I am taking training in PowerPoint. Good luck.
I think it would, but taking an actual administrative assistant course at a local college would probably work better.



If you already have experience, than these programs listed on your resume would likely move your resume closer to the top of the pile. I simply found good experience, good track record and good references got my foot in the door the best.



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment