Thursday, November 5, 2009

How to Configure Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 what is My POP3 and what is my SMTP Information?

I asked this question once before and got a lot of techincal information. PLease just keep it Simple. If you need to navigate to the frame that configuresOoutlook. I have both an MSN and Yahoo account that I would like to view thru Outlook 2003. Maybe I did not make myself clear the last question. This time I have tried



How to Configure Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 what is My POP3 and what is my SMTP Information?pop up blocker



First off POP3 is a type of E-mail usually supplied by your ISP it is not web based mail. The information should be available from your ISP. As an example Comcast is my ISP and they gave me an E-mail account. My POP3 server is mail.comcast.com. In this case it鈥檚 also the path I mail out through so my SMTP server is also mail.comcast.com



Pop3 is the mail server that receives mail and SMTP is the server I send mail out through.



Yahoo did have popmail access a few years ago but I think thats long gon unless you become a paying yahoo mail customer.



I know that Windows Mail in Vista no longer supports HTTP web mail but older version of outlook might. Try adding an account and selecting HTTP instead of POP3.



Hope that helps.



Good Luck



How to Configure Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 what is My POP3 and what is my SMTP Information?systemworks

No comments:

Post a Comment